Friday, September 7, 2012

Swamp painting and being an Uncle!






This painting was for my wonderful sister who just had a little boy on Wednesday! He is my first nephew, so it's pretty awesome, I couldn't be there in person but I got the painting done to greet him at least. My sister and her husband chose the awesome swamp theme and helped choose a direction from a few sketches. My mom made a matching gator quilt to top it all off. So yeah one spoiled little dude! It was acrylic on wood panel 18 by 24 in.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You rule the drawing skill that's for sure.

kaity said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!! I love it! I just showed my sister and we both think it's incredible! I wish I could do something so great and sentimental for my nieces. Congrats on being an uncle!

Will Strong said...

That's one lucky kid. Nice work.

Scott C. Gwynn said...

Isn't making things for family members and friends great? I always have ambitions to do stuff like this but most of the time it doesn't get done. So, seeing something as awesome as this is inspiring in more than one way.

Fantastic Piece!

Tara : Damon said...

wow, i love that! i need to commission a painting for our nursery! i'm just not creative with themes... but i'll start thinking!

Joel Valdez said...

Very nice work! Great stuff